Saturday, August 17, 2013

Reflections from technology course & action research project

August 17, 2013

I have just about completed my campus-supervised internship activities.  I still need to observe our secretary and counselor for the day.  I also need to attend a board meeting to see how they are conducted.  I have done many interviews with the administrative team to hire new teachers and new paraprofessionals.  We also hired a new counselor this summer.  Last summer I helped create the main schedule for the school.  That was quite a task!
Regarding my action research report, I am in the final stages.  My project was to see if a new classroom management plan would improve moral in our school.  I have to finalize the results of the survey and calculate some percentages.  It was exciting to roll out a new plan for our teachers this past school year.  I personally think morale was better than the previous year, but I'll find out if that's true after the work on the survey is complete.
I have learned a great deal about technology throughout this course.  I appreciate the collaboration we had to do to write about Web 2.0 tools.  I got to be an expert on several tools and my team taught me about ones I wasn't very familiar with.  Livebinders were new to me and I think the idea of livebinders is very interesting.  I'd like to thank the professors of this course for making it a great learning experience and worth my time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment